ACT® Whitening Mouthwash
Get a brighter, shinier smile and help your teeth thrive.
ACT® Whitening Mouthwash gives you a whiter smile in just four days.* But it doesn't stop there. This triple-action formula strengthens teeth, protects from cavities, and freshens your breath.
This swish will safely whiten your smile* and give your oral-hygiene routine a superior† cavity safeguard. That’s why ACT® is the #1 dentist-recommended anticavity mouth rinse brand.‡
Helps prevent cavities
Enjoy in Gentle Mint flavor
*When used as directed; vs. baseline.
†Versus brushing alone.
‡Among OTC mouth rinses.
Where to buy
- adults and children 12 years of age and older:
- use twice a day after brushing your teeth with a toothpaste
- vigorously swish 10 milliliters (2 teaspoonfuls) of rinse between your teeth for 1 minute and then spit out
- do not swallow the rinse
- do not eat or drink for 30 minutes after rinsing
- supervise children as necessary until capable of using without supervision
- children under 12 years of age:
- consult a dentist or doctor
- Stop use and ask a dentist if
- oral irritation or tooth sensitivity occurs
- Keep out of reach of children.
- If more than used for rinsing is accidentally swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not use if safety seal is broken or missing
- use as directed
aids in the prevention of dental cavities
Sodium fluoride 0.02% (0.009% w/v fluoride ion)
Sodium fluoride is a solution that fights cavities for stronger teeth and a whiter smile.
water, glycerin, xylitol, hydrogen peroxide, poloxamer 407, propylene glycol, pentylene glycol, flavors, sodium benzoate, sodium phosphate, disodium phosphate, 4-t-butylcyclohexanol, menthol, sucralose, sodium saccharin, calcium disodium EDTA
Frequently Asked Questions
Gluten is not an ingredient in ACT® Whitening Mouthwash. However, this product is not tested for the presence of gluten and is not certified as gluten-free.
ACT® fluoride products are designed to be “pH-neutral” to the pH of your mouth. ACT® Whitening Mouthwash has a pH between 6.0–7.6.
No, do not use ACT® Whitening Mouthwash after the expiration date. Please check the packaging for the expiration date.
ACT® Whitening Mouthwash may be used twice per day after brushing.
From the experts
Valoree Althoff, RDH, MHA
”As a dental hygienist, I recommend and use ACT® products because it remineralizes the enamel to reduce caries, is safe for all dental work, many flavor options, and an amazing dry mouth line that works!”
Travis Watson, DDS
“ACT® is my favorite product to recommend to my patients. It is easy to recommend because it is a product I use myself and I’ve seen it make a difference for my patients. It is an inexpensive product that can have an impact on oral health.”
Valoree Althoff, RDH, MHA
“My pediatric patients love ACT® because ACT® offers rinse and paste flavors that match to establish an oral care regimen at a young age!”
Kayla Gallegos, RDH, MSDH
“I recommend ACT® products to my patients of all ages because they provide a variety of gentle and effective OTC fluoride options for treatment and preventative use.”