ACT® Restoring Mouthwash
Remineralize soft spots and restore your enamel for a stronger smile.
Revitalize your smile with ACT® Restoring mouth rinse to strengthen teeth, protect from cavities, and freshen your breath. This swish actually remineralizes soft spots to make your smile stronger. And it will give your teeth a superior cavity safeguard versus brushing alone.
Plus, your teeth will feel up to four times stronger* when it's used regularly. That’s why ACT® is the #1 dentist-recommended anticavity mouth rinse brand available over the counter.
Remineralizes soft spots
Helps prevent cavities
Enjoy in Mint Burst or Cool Mint flavors
Alcohol added to Cool Mint for an extra-refreshing feel
*In lab studies vs. rinsing with water (baseline). Applies only to 0.05% fluoride formulas.
Where to buy
- adults and children 6 years of age and older:
- use once a day after brushing your teeth with a toothpaste
- remove cap
- pour 10 milliliters into cap (10 mL mark on inside of cap); do not fill above 10 mL mark
- vigorously swish 10 milliliters of rinse between your teeth for 1 minute and then spit out
- do not swallow the rinse
- do not eat or drink for 30 minutes after rinsing
- instruct children under 12 years of age in good rinsing habits (to minimize swallowing)
- supervise children as necessary until capable of using without supervision
- children under 6 years of age:
- consult a dentist or doctor
- Keep out of reach of children.
- If more than used for rinsing is accidentally swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not use if safety seal is broken or missing
- use as directed
- Mint Burst:
- contains FD&C yellow no. 5 (tartrazine) as a color additive
aids in the prevention of dental cavities
Sodium fluoride 0.05% (0.02% w/v fluoride ion)
Sodium fluoride is a solution that fights cavities for a stronger smile. Plus 0.05% (0.02% w/v fluoride ion) is the maximum strength available in a rinse without a prescription.
Cool Mint: water, alcohol (11%), sorbitol, poloxamer 407, propylene glycol, sodium benzoate, flavor, sodium phosphate, polysorbate 20, sodium saccharin, cetylpyridinium chloride, disodium phosphate, calcium disodium EDTA, blue 1
Mint Burst: water, sorbitol, poloxamer 407, propylene glycol, sodium phosphate, polysorbate 20, sodium saccharin, sucralose, disodium phosphate, cetylpyridinium chloride, calcium disodium EDTA, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate, flavor, yellow 5, green 3
Frequently Asked Questions
Gluten is not an ingredient in ACT® Restoring. However, this product is not tested for the presence of gluten and is not certified as gluten-free.
ACT® fluoride products are designed to be “pH-neutral” to the pH of your mouth. ACT® Restoring has a pH between 6.0–7.6.
No, do not use ACT® Restoring after the expiration date. Please check the packaging for the expiration date.
The instructions on how often to use ACT® Restoring vary based on the fluoride concentration in the product. Please refer to the directions on the drug facts label for information about dosing.
From the experts
Valoree Althoff, RDH, MHA
”As a dental hygienist, I recommend and use ACT® products because it remineralizes the enamel to reduce caries, is safe for all dental work, many flavor options, and an amazing dry mouth line that works!”
Travis Watson, DDS
“ACT® is my favorite product to recommend to my patients. It is easy to recommend because it is a product I use myself and I’ve seen it make a difference for my patients. It is an inexpensive product that can have an impact on oral health.”
Valoree Althoff, RDH, MHA
“My pediatric patients love ACT® because ACT® offers rinse and paste flavors that match to establish an oral care regimen at a young age!”
Kayla Gallegos, RDH, MSDH
“I recommend ACT® products to my patients of all ages because they provide a variety of gentle and effective OTC fluoride options for treatment and preventative use.”