ACT® Total Care Fluoride Mouthwash 33.8oz
Get superior* cavity protection through a triple-action formula that helps your teeth thrive.
Kill the germs that cause bad breath with ACT® Total Care mouth rinse. This swish will give your oral hygiene routine a supreme cavity safeguard — versus brushing alone. Plus, your teeth will feel up to three times stronger† when it's used regularly.
That’s why ACT® is the #1 dentist-recommended anticavity mouth rinse brand available over the counter.
Helps prevent cavities
Enjoy in Fresh Mint or Icy Clean Mint flavors
Alcohol added to Icy Clean Mint for an extra-refreshing feel
*Versus brushing alone.
†In lab studies vs. rinsing with water (baseline).
Icy Clean Mint
Size: 33.8 oz bottle
Where to buy
- adults and children 6 years of age and older:
- use twice a day after brushing your teeth with a toothpaste
- remove cap
- pour 10 milliliters into cap (10 mL mark on inside of cap); do not fill above 10 mL mark
- vigorously swish 10 milliliters of rinse between your teeth for 1 minute and then spit out
- do not swallow the rinse
- do not eat or drink for 30 minutes after rinsing
- instruct children under 12 years of age in good rinsing habits (to minimize swallowing)
- supervise children as necessary until capable of using without supervision
- children under 6 years of age:
- consult a dentist or doctor
- Keep out of reach of children.
- If more than used for rinsing is accidentally swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not use if safety seal is broken or missing
- use as directed
- Fresh Mint:
- contains FD&C yellow no. 5 (tartrazine) as a color additive
aids in the prevention of dental cavities
Sodium fluoride 0.02% (0.009% w/v fluoride ion)
Sodium fluoride is a solution that fights cavities for a stronger smile.
Fresh Mint: water, sorbitol, poloxamer 407, propylene glycol, menthol, methyl salicylate, sodium phosphate, disodium phosphate, potassium sorbate, polysorbate 20, sodium saccharin, flavor, cetylpyridinium chloride, calcium disodium EDTA, sodium benzoate, blue 1, yellow 5
Icy Clean Mint: water, alcohol (11%), sorbitol, poloxamer 407, propylene glycol, sodium benzoate, flavor, sodium phosphate, cetylpyridinium chloride, polysorbate 20, sodium saccharin, disodium phosphate, calcium disodium EDTA, blue 1
Frequently Asked Questions
Gluten is not an ingredient in ACT® Total Care. However, this product is not tested for the presence of gluten and is not certified as gluten-free.
ACT® fluoride products are designed to be “pH-neutral” to the pH of your mouth. ACT® Total Care has a pH between 6.0–7.6.
No, do not use ACT® Total Care after the expiration date. Please check the packaging for the expiration date.
The instructions on how often to use ACT® Total Care vary based on the fluoride concentration in the product. Please refer to the directions on the drug facts label for information about dosing.
From the experts
Valoree Althoff, RDH, MHA
”As a dental hygienist, I recommend and use ACT® products because it remineralizes the enamel to reduce caries, is safe for all dental work, many flavor options, and an amazing dry mouth line that works!”
Travis Watson, DDS
“ACT® is my favorite product to recommend to my patients. It is easy to recommend because it is a product I use myself and I’ve seen it make a difference for my patients. It is an inexpensive product that can have an impact on oral health.”
Valoree Althoff, RDH, MHA
“My pediatric patients love ACT® because ACT® offers rinse and paste flavors that match to establish an oral care regimen at a young age!”
Kayla Gallegos, RDH, MSDH
“I recommend ACT® products to my patients of all ages because they provide a variety of gentle and effective OTC fluoride options for treatment and preventative use.”