Prevent cavities and strengthen enamel to help your teeth thrive.
Help keep cavities away with ACT® Anticavity mouth rinse. You get a triple-action formula that strengthens teeth, protects against cavities, and freshens your breath.
This swish will give your teeth a superior cavity safeguard — especially compared to just brushing alone. Plus your teeth will be up to four times stronger* when it's used regularly.
That’s why ACT® is the #1 dentist-recommended anticavity mouth rinse brand available over the counter.†
Built-in dosage cup
Helps prevent cavities
Enjoy in Arctic Blast, Cinnamon, or Mint flavors
*In lab studies vs. rinsing with water (baseline). Applies only to 0.05% fluoride formulas.
†Among OTC mouth rinses.
Where to buy
- adults and children 6 years of age and older:
- use once a day after brushing your teeth with a toothpaste
- remove cap
- hold bottle upright and squeeze. FILL to FILL LINE.
- pour out. Only the correct 10 milliliters dose will pour out.
- vigorously swish 10 milliliters of rinse between your teeth for 1 minute and then spit out
- do not swallow the rinse
- do not eat or drink for 30 minutes after rinsing
- instruct children under 12 years of age in good rinsing habits (to minimize swallowing)
- supervise children as necessary until capable of using without supervision
- children under 6 years of age:
- consult a dentist or doctor
- Keep out of reach of children.
- If more than used for rinsing is accidentally swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not use if safety seal is broken or missing
- use as directed
- Cinnamon and Arctic Blast:
- contain FD&C yellow no. 5 (tartrazine) as a color additive
aids in the prevention of dental cavities
Sodium fluoride 0.05% (0.02% w/v fluoride ion)
Sodium fluoride is a solution that fights cavities for a stronger smile. Plus 0.05% (0.02% w/v fluoride ion) is the maximum strength available in a rinse without a prescription.
Arctic Blast: water, sorbitol, poloxamer 407, propylene glycol, menthol, methyl salicylate, sodium phosphate, disodium phosphate, potassium sorbate, polysorbate 20, sodium saccharin, flavor, cetylpyridinium chloride, calcium disodium EDTA, sodium benzoate, blue 1
Cinnamon: water, sorbitol, poloxamer 407, propylene glycol, sodium phosphate, disodium phosphate, flavor, polysorbate 80, sodium saccharin, cetylpyridinium chloride, calcium disodium EDTA, benzyl alcohol, sodium benzoate, red 33, yellow 5
Mint: water, sorbitol, poloxamer 407, propylene glycol, menthol, methyl salicylate, sodium phosphate, disodium phosphate, potassium sorbate, polysorbate 20, sodium saccharin, flavor, cetylpyridinium chloride, calcium disodium EDTA, sodium benzoate, green 3, yellow 5
Frequently Asked Questions
Gluten is not an ingredient in ACT® Anticavity. However, this product is not tested for the presence of gluten and is not certified as gluten-free.
To dispense ACT® Anticavity, hold the bottle upright and squeeze the bottle until the reservoir top is filled to the 10ml line. Then pour it out or rinse directly from the bottle itself.
ACT® fluoride products are designed to be “pH-neutral” to the pH of your mouth. ACT® Anticavity has a pH between 6.0–7.6.
No, do not use ACT® Anticavity after the expiration date. Please check the packaging for the expiration date.
ACT® Anticavity may be used once per day after brushing.
From the experts
Valoree Althoff, RDH, MHA
”As a dental hygienist, I recommend and use ACT® products because it remineralizes the enamel to reduce caries, is safe for all dental work, many flavor options, and an amazing dry mouth line that works!”
Travis Watson, DDS
“ACT® is my favorite product to recommend to my patients. It is easy to recommend because it is a product I use myself and I’ve seen it make a difference for my patients. It is an inexpensive product that can have an impact on oral health.”
Valoree Althoff, RDH, MHA
“My pediatric patients love ACT® because ACT® offers rinse and paste flavors that match to establish an oral care regimen at a young age!”
Kayla Gallegos, RDH, MSDH
“I recommend ACT® products to my patients of all ages because they provide a variety of gentle and effective OTC fluoride options for treatment and preventative use.”